Sunday, October 12, 2014

October 12~ 31 Days of Halloween Wicked Blogger Challenge Day 12~APCC Week 6 Card 1

Greetings this Sunny Sunday!

We are at Day 12 of 31!

Thanks for hanging in there and coming back for more Halloween/Day of the Dead inspiration along this 31 Days of Halloween Challenge by Smeared and Smudged. As always you can start your journey at Terra's blog, pick up the Scavenger Hunt clue for the day then Hop along! I have the Wicked Blogger Hop List posted on the right sidebar should you get lost!

Today's project was inspired by the Altered Playing Card 26 week challenge I have been playing along with as well. This week's play inspiration can be found off the link HERE and if you want to play along see this PAGE. Claudine is awesome and this play is truly great fun!

Please click the image to make it bigger! :)


This is so fun partly due, well especially true since the playing card is about the size of an ATC. I am really lovin' smallness.

This play's basics are acrylic paint and washi tape. Run from there! All the layers are pretty clear. I used another playing card to add the red acrylic paint. I spread it on then started pressing it down and pulling it back up. It made a fun 'bloody' look!  Then I used a toothpick to scratch the white lines.

Once the red was there and the images, it just had to be toxic!

Thank  you all truly for your kind comments! It really keeps me inspired to keep playin'
~hugs~ 
Hoping you like what you see!

~kim




16 comments:

  1. I love that bottle stamp! Great use of washi tape - I really need to use mine more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. am loving washi, too! Thanks so much!

      Delete
    2. grr pressed publish before was ready...brain is mushy today. The bottle stamp is cool, thanks. I found it in the $1 bin at Joann's, each pack has three small clear stamps for $1

      Delete
  2. Making it bigger I can better appreciate the line of birds.
    You all have convinced me. In running around yesterday I picked up Halloween designed washi tapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is all addictive especially the tapes. Last night I was at Michaels and all Halloween tapes, stamps etc are 60%....yes I bought more .....lol

      Delete
  3. Fun altered playing card, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is great! I love the bloody paint look and those tapes are fab! Love the stamping too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beaker perfect colors for the setting

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome, love all the details in that background and the beaker with the smoke is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toxic and fabulous! Great layering!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your toxic altered card! I love small too! Great use of washing and colour

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving these cards and they look like so much fun to create. Fabulous colors here and the layering ROCKS! xxd

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great, love the playfulness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the stamps you have used here, and the one word "Toxic," is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.