Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October 28~ 31 Days of Halloween Wicked Blogger Challenge Day 28

Tuesday!

Welcome to Day 28 of 31 Days of Halloween! The Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween Challenge is to create a daily project using a stamp, rubber or digi, and run from there. Remember to pop over HERE to Terra's blog to see the daily Scavenger Hunt prizes donated by our awesome sponsors and find the daily clue. You can also see all the rules there, too. For your reference I have the Wicked Blogger Hop list on the right sidebar:) Love Mr. Neon Skele!

Today another canvas even though the substrate is not canvas! I used a digital stamp by Smeared Ink, Girl Broken and Bleeding. I LOVE this image. 

Please click the pictures to enlarge:)


hmmm where to start.....as soon as I saw the image I really liked her. I like how you could see inside her, poor dear has been through so much! I wanted to make a background to be visible through her. 

I used my own photo as part of the collage, I added the heart and skull paper that I found at The Coffee Shop Blog .



To color her, I had two choices, Sharpies or Distress Ink and a water brush. I chose the Distress Ink, I thought it would be softer and more forgiving. My range of Sharpies is not subtle enough. I printed her onto Strathmore Mixed Media Heavy paper it's a 90lb paper. The bottom layers are just regular bond paper. I printed them all here with an inkjet printer.

The alpha letters are by Hero. Haunted Halloween is by Unity.

Please let me know what you think of the coloring I'm very interested in learning the how-to's! 

Thanks so much for all your wonderful time and kind words!
~hugs~
~kim


10 comments:

  1. Your coloring is fabulous, Kim! I am going to get some distress markers and try. I bought 6 Promarkers and they are just too dark..I like your softer side which lets a lot of the image come through and she is lovely in a horrific way:) Love, love how you can see through her and you used a photo..yeah!! Super great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've colored her, the softer colored work perfectly to make her even more delicate that she already is. Love how you've shown the background right thru her, wow! Great textures too with the torn edges, the cardboard ridges and those cool screw brads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is beautiful and quite moving. You made the right choice coloring with Distress. Fabulous work and such cool layering. Love that you've used another of your photos. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hauntingly beautiful yet sad.
    She seems to be melting and dripping away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you cut her out but still have her fading into the background image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome, I am so sad that I never got around to using the broken and bleeding set this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this image (beautifully coloured) and all the things you have done with your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A truly haunting and eerie creation, the senti is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful creation, love the image and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful--I love the way you have incorporated her into the background! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.