Friday, October 3, 2014

October 3~ 31 Days of Halloween Wicked Blogger Challenge Day 3~APCC Week 5

Greetings this Friday! Yay!

Today's post is Day 3 of Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween Wicked Blogger play along. The challenge being to post a new project each day using Halloween or Day of the Dead and a stamped or digi image.

See Terra's blog HERE for all the details. Remember there are great daily giveaways in the scavenger hunt and a giveaway for all you lovely Blog Hoppers :) In case you get lost, the Hop is right here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>under Mr. Neon Skele!

My project is also for Claudine's Week 5 Altered Playing Card play along. This is another super fun project to alter an entire deck of playing cards, just do 2 per week. Cool thing is you can join up anytime to play along. Come see the fun HERE

This is the first card for this week, I hope to get the second one done soon, lol. The prompt is using acrylic paint and run from there!


I primed the card with a thin coat of gesso a couple of weeks ago to prep for this challenge. I painted the coral color onto the background and let it dry. Then I used a stencil to add the teal dots. 

I used Unity stamps for everything else. The pumpkin was colored with Sharpies and Bic Mark It pens.  I stamped the bats and sentiment onto tissue paper with Jet Black Archival ink. The black dots are from a domino pattern Unity stamp.

I love the playing card size, it is very close to an ATC, so fun to play with!

Thanks for visiting today, I adore all the comments you all have left, makes me all smiles!
Happy Hopping, see the Hopper list on the right sidebar:)

Have a spooky day!
~kim


I am also linking with the following awesome sites:
Unity Stamp Blog FWF sharing
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Finishing Touch


33 comments:

  1. So cute. Love the colors you used for the background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funky card! Love the pop of orange in the pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your playing card! this is awesome - fab painting and stamps and stencils! I love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. The layer in the background are awesome! Love all the details as you built up from there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love, love, love that background it's awesome!! Thanks for sharing and for playing along with this challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! Fabulous background and super cute stamps. sounds like a fun thing to alter. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came over from the link you left on CC's Blog. Loving your APC it is fantastic, great background and some great images :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love it of course, totally up my alley! So you've got plenty more playing cards to alter and if you're doing more spooky ones I'd love to feature one or two or three on DominoART for 31DOH! Shoot me a pm if you'd like to come and play with me ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stamping on tissue paper and then layering--this is a technique that I want to do more of!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great idea. I would never have thought of altering a playing card, looks good.. you could really run with this!
    Sue
    The Nanny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet n Cute little project. Love the Colors and the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very very cute.
    thanks for the card link. I will check it out.
    I have a collecion of decks waiting to be altered.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boo! Love the card and the blog post, you are funny! THank you for sharing and for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I shall have a wicked Halloween. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the background and the cute ghost and pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is terrific! Love the fun background colours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun! Love all the great colors and those images are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So fun, I'm going to have to check out that altered playing card challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the colors and elements you used! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun!!! Can't believe it was a playing card. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very fun tag! I love that pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cool altered playing card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. very cool project!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi great card. I am enjoying this challenge so much. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, what a spectacular Halloween project! Hard to believe it was a a playing card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a spooktacularly FUN card - love it!
    Thanx so much for joining us for our Touch of Darkness challenge at Aurora Wings
    xXx

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.