Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October 7~ 31 Days of Halloween Wicked Blogger Challenge Day 7~12 Tags of 2014

Happy Tuesday!

A sweetly spooky tag today this 7th day of October! 7th project in 7 days for the Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween fun! If you need the details, pop over to Terra's blog HERE

Should you need a refresher for the Blog Hop, it is right there under Mr. Neon Skele on the right sidebar. Thanks so much for all the enthusiasm in your comments, sooo appreciated<3

I know you all are super busy and so let's just Hop to it! Off we go....

Boo! My inspiration was drawn from Tim Holtz and his 12 Tags of 2014 October Challenge :)

Please click each image for a larger version:)



I have a manila tag, plain then transformed! I stamped the black cat and spider and embossed them in black, following Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014 October make. Then I cut a mask for each, once the tag cooled, I used Tim's Dot Fade stencil and applied texture through the stencil and over the embossed images.




The skele kitty is another stencil from the Danse Macabre stencil set by Beatrice Coron. I just wanted the kitty portion this time around, so I only applied paste in that area.




Now let the paste dry.....while waiting I stamped the pumpkins with Jet Black Archival ink.


Then colored them with Distress Inks and water brush. Once dry I added Glossy Accents to the colored portion for a bit of dimension.

Once the paste was dry, I added some Distress Ink though stencils at the bottom, the diamonds and blocks then clear embossed them.

That done,  I misted the whole tag with water. Then I used Dylusions Spray inks to play. I love the vibrant color! I sprayed and blotted until I was happy with the pattern.

Cut out the pumpkins and adhered them to the surface.

Thanks so much for your visit!
~hugs~

~kim

I am linking to Tim Holtz ongoing challenge: 12 Tags of 2014 October 
I encourage everyone to pop over and see all the wonderfulness!

15 comments:

  1. WOW! The textures and colors here are AMAZING! what a fabulous combination of techniques. Love, love, LOVE! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love the striking purple of this tag, and the cats - especially the debossed one on the pumpkins :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very detailed tag! I love the embossing and flags and all the elements! Very awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! So much beautiful texture and layering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many cool details you spent great time on! Love that color! Thank you for taking the time! Well spent for you and for me! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful tag. There is so much to look at - colours, texture and stamps. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fa-Boo-lous tag. Love the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This tag is freaky cool. Thanks for sharing the how to s

    ReplyDelete
  9. of course I love the color but the texture Is a wonderful touch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! that's such a great tag! love the purple and all the texture bits - I want to touch it! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooo totally wicked cool, just love all the textures and the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome Tag! Love the colours and all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, amazing color and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the intense bold color of your tag! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.