Sunday, March 22, 2015

APCC Week 26~Monochrome~Altered Playing Card Challenge

Hello, Happy Sunday!

Today was a fun play day, had a bit of time to make my week 26 altered playing card pair. And I am caught up, yay! Tomorrow brings the last week of the challenge to alter an entire deck of playing cards~none too soon, the following is Spring Break and it is sure to be crazy!

You can see this wonderful challenge hosted by Claudine HERE and there is also a Facebook Group that will carry on. This has been such a fun wonderful journey! Along which I have learned so many techniques that I probably would never have tried before!

This week's theme is Monochrome. It was a challenge for me, I have never played in monochrome much before.

Please click each picture if you would like to see it bigger:)



I used the whimsical birds from Vera Lane Studios, you can see her Etsy shop, HERE



I used some patterned paper over each card. I picked colors that I knew I had similar inks and paints to carry on in the monochrome.

I dabbed acrylic paint through a stencil on each card using a make up triangle sponge.



The sentiment stickers are Tim Holtz Chit Chat, love these! I added a little pen scribble with a Gelly Roll pen and PITT pen.

This was another really fun play and will attempt monochrome again.

Thanks for reading!!

Have a happy week!

~hugs~

~kim

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful altered cards Kim, love the colours you chose and those birds are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fantastic, what a great take on this week's challenge, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, so happy you came by!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the ATCs that you make - these are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your atc's! So cute and colorful!

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!