Sunday, March 22, 2015

APCC Week 26~Monochrome~Altered Playing Card Challenge

Hello, Happy Sunday!

Today was a fun play day, had a bit of time to make my week 26 altered playing card pair. And I am caught up, yay! Tomorrow brings the last week of the challenge to alter an entire deck of playing cards~none too soon, the following is Spring Break and it is sure to be crazy!

You can see this wonderful challenge hosted by Claudine HERE and there is also a Facebook Group that will carry on. This has been such a fun wonderful journey! Along which I have learned so many techniques that I probably would never have tried before!

This week's theme is Monochrome. It was a challenge for me, I have never played in monochrome much before.

Please click each picture if you would like to see it bigger:)



I used the whimsical birds from Vera Lane Studios, you can see her Etsy shop, HERE



I used some patterned paper over each card. I picked colors that I knew I had similar inks and paints to carry on in the monochrome.

I dabbed acrylic paint through a stencil on each card using a make up triangle sponge.



The sentiment stickers are Tim Holtz Chit Chat, love these! I added a little pen scribble with a Gelly Roll pen and PITT pen.

This was another really fun play and will attempt monochrome again.

Thanks for reading!!

Have a happy week!

~hugs~

~kim

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful altered cards Kim, love the colours you chose and those birds are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fantastic, what a great take on this week's challenge, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, so happy you came by!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the ATCs that you make - these are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your atc's! So cute and colorful!

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.