Friday, April 1, 2016

Things to Alter~ New Challenge Anything Goes, Twist add a Bird!

Hello wonderful crafty people!

Welcome to April! I don't have any gags planned, how about you?

Just some painty fun and a new challenge at Things to Alter to bring you today!

Here we go, I made a 5x7 canvas for this project and loaded it up with Jac's MDF shapes, DecoArt Media and Tattered Angels colors.

Click each photo if you'd like to see it larger.

"Use Your Wings"
5 inch by 7 inch canvas board
Things to Alter MDF used:
Spooky Tree
Bird
Diamond Trellis Fence



I used DecoArt Gesso, Crackle Paste, Crackle Glaze and Matte Medium 
in various layers along with masking tape and drywall tapes for texture. 
I used an Andy Skinner stencil also for more dimension with Deco Art modeling paste.


For color I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists Brights Starter kit. I love the blue Dragonfly and green Moss, the colors are very vibrant! On top of the mists, I applied a layer of DecoArt Matte Medium to seal the color once the color sprays were dry. The colors move some when the medium was applied with a brush but here it worked just fine.


On top I used some DecoArt Crackle Glaze for even more texture. I sprayed some more Tattered Angels, both Dragonfly and Moss and used a bit of water to get the color into the cracks. I also used some Glimmer Glaze Island Spring in some of the blue areas.



I used Glimmer Glaze Paint, Satchel, on the bird for a stained look. Then once dry I added some White Picket Fence Distress Paint and wiped some away.



Thanks so much for looking!

Please hop over to see the rest of the team's inspiration and enter the challenge when you have time! The theme is Anything Goes, twist add a bird.




Have a fun day!!
~kim


4 comments:

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.