Friday, November 28, 2014

Left of Center Challenge LOC #56~Babies

Happy Black Friday!

Hopefully you are not too worn out from shopping! Well it is ok if you are, pull up a chair and visit the creative darkness and sweetness for this current Challenge #56 using the theme Babies for Left of Center! Remember, it can be any sort of babies and you can always go over to the dark side:)

Our wonderful sponsor is A Day for Daisies. Please hop over to see some really awesome digital stamps, the drawings are so gorgeous and must be seen and enjoyed! Support our wonderful sponsors!

I purchased this image, it is so sweet! I love fairies and this is perfect! It is called Bundle of Fairy Love and you can see it HERE.

Here is my DT project, I hope you like it:)


I combined the Bundle of Fairy Love along with A Day for Daisies Christmas Flower image using Photoshop Elements. The stone angel background is a gorgeous digital paper by Smeared Ink. Once I was set with the layering and composition, I printed the digi onto Bristol paper with my inkjet printer. 

I wanted to keep the image of the fairies soft, so I used a water brush and Distress Inks for color. Once the coloring was done I layered the background with ripped paper edges stained with Distress Ink. 

The book pages are rescues from my son's Lit teacher who was trading a falling apart copy of the Odyssey for a new copy for extra credit, my son and I were pleased with the deal:) I tore up some pages and smeared some gesso onto the canvas. Before it was dry I pulled up the pages. Then I re-attached them with some gel medium.

I love the sentiment, I stamped it with  mini alphabet letters then framed it with more torn papers.

Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you have a chance to play along with us at LOC, Left of Center where you always have the option of playing along with the theme or just going Left Of Center!

Have a great day!
~kim 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!