Tuesday, March 8, 2016

"Serendipity"~Mixed Media Canvas

Happy Tuesday!

Hope you are enjoying the day! Today I wanted to share a fun project I did and I was able to get really messy!  I made a project for the new challenge hosted by Andy Skinner. The theme is Bold & Bright. I (barely) managed some control and not use any black!

Click the pictures to see a bit bigger :)


~very happy!~



I started with a funky plaque I found at the dollar store for the substrate. It is an odd size, just about 
6 1/2 inches by 9 inches.

I used all DecoArt and Americana products on this canvas, lots of gesso, modeling paste and Media Fluid Acrylics. "Create" and "Serendipity" are from the Andy Skinner 8x8 Serendipity stencil. 


I used modeling paste on "Create" and Texture Sand on "Serendipity". Wonderful texture differences! I used a babywipe to pull off some layers as I was building.


The 'flowers' are modeling paste with a palette knife.


My only tools were a palette knife, babywipes and my fingers. The was so fun and messy! You can see how messy, my paint bottles and such are really spattered!
I used the Crackle Glaze on top applied with a palette knife, it was thick and gave me amazing cracks. I let everything air dry. each. and. every. layer. air. dried. 
It was hard to be patient but I think the colors and all made it totally worth it!


Thanks so much for looking and visiting. You see my splattery bottles and all below :)


Have a fabulous day!
~kim

I am linking this to the Any Skinner Bright & Bold Challenge HERE

9 comments:

  1. OHhhhh... this is just INCREDIBLY FABULOUS. Rich in texture and your colors are just DELIGHTFUL... so rich and vibrant - blended so INTRIGUINGLY. SERENDIPITY means a "fortunate happenstance" or "pleasant surprise" = this is the PERFECT CREATIVE representation of both. WOW WOW WOW Definitely a PLEASANT SURPRISE for my day!! LOVE this. Thanks bunches Kim! j.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joi! I had a lot of fun making this project!

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic!!! I love it so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun getting messy for this challenge and it sure was a challenge for me to use bright colors. I love all of your textures and the crackles and the words. Awesome sauce Kim! Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great plaque Kim ! I really miss visiting blogs, it is all in a rush on instagram. But there is so much to do and so much to see. I LOVE the way you build up your layers here. I am with you, IF it is possible I let evrything airdry too. It really makes a difference. Well, sometimes I use the heatgun to get effects . Have a great day and thanks for your comments on my blog .x

    ReplyDelete
  5. KIM KIM.... YEAH....you did it... Top 3 for Andy - WHAT a great HONOR. CONGRATS girl. So love your project!! AWESOME!! XXj.

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.