Sunday, February 7, 2016

Visible Image Sunday~New MDF & Dragonfly

Happy Sunday!

Today I am so excited to share my first project made with the awesome new products by Visible Image!! Yay!

As part of the design  team, I was very grateful to be given some of the new MDF "Monoliths" and new stamps to play and share today. The Monoliths and Dragonfly "Live in the Moment" are available for pre-order, now.

This play was lots of fun and I really tried to use everything I love in making it!

~added March 10 2016.....so thrilled to win at Country View Challenges!!~



The Monolith is a wonderful size and is designed to work with the stamps perfectly. It is 17cm x 10cm. About 6 inches by 4 inches and a sturdy 3mm thick, laser cut and smooth. And I know it's weird, but the wood smells good, too. Yeah I know weird but I love the smell of pencils and wood :)

I created the background with my DecoArt Blogger stash. Yummy DecoArt Crackle Paste, Fluid Acrylics and Antiquing Cream.


The flip side is collaged with mat medium and DecoArt Fluid Acrylics. It is edged in the DA Fluid Acrylic Gold, love the shine it has.

Everything is heat embossed because I love embossing and dragonflies. So I had to combine all the things I love in this project. It makes them shine :) I used Ranger Extra Fine Black and Recollections Bronze powders.

Next Sunday Visible Image is on TV on Create and Craft. Pauline and Mark will be sharing some fabulous demos and all these awesome stamps. I will add the linky here to view it when I get it. Outside the UK, I found it can be watched on your PC using the Incognito mode in Chrome.

In the meantime see lots of great projects for Visible Image with these links:

Visible Image social media links:





Have a great day!
~kim


I am also linking and sharing with the following challenges:
Frilly and Funkie: Enjoy your Embossing
Rhedd's Creative Spirit: February Mixed Media Challenge
Country View Challenges: February Create your own Background

12 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Kim - I'm in love. Dragonflies are my favorite - over butterflies! And this is just stunning. I think my favorite side is the first one just because I love the deep rich colors and texture. BUT... the second one is nearly as wonderful because I adore lattice and your lattice is the most exquisitely lovely I have ever seen - just love those colors. This was so fun to see. Hugs. j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I absolutely love visible image stamps and dragonflies are also a favorite! Love the color palette!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful colors and an amazing background! That dragonfly is absolutely magnificent! Thanks for sharing with us at Frilly & Funkie "Enjoy your Embossing" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous...I love the texture...and I love Visible Image Stamps too...
    A wonderful entry for our Feb challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit..x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandie! I appreciate it so much.
      ~kim

      Delete
  5. Beautiful work here Kim! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Such awesome textures ♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.