Thursday, June 16, 2016

Andy Skinner's Time Mixed Media Challenge~Man Over Time

Hello!

Thanks for coming by today!

I have a small canvas I made for the Andy Skinner Time Challenge this month to share right now.




The substrate started life as a dollar store 5x5x1 inch MDF open box with a funky picture on it. I covered the surface with some DecoArt Media gesso and let dry. Next I used some Americana DecouPage Napkin medium to attach a skull pattern napkin.

Next I built up the layers with some DecoArt Media Misters which I really love since they dry permanent.


I used Andy's stencil "Made to Measure" for my well dressed man. Along the bottom and sides are other parts of the same stencil. I used DecoArt Media Black Modeling Paste. I stamped my man-body with a fabulous stamp by Rubber Dance Stamps onto an index card and used Vintage Photo Distress Ink on it and the sentiment.


I highlighted the dry paste stenciled parts and edges with some Rose Gold Metallic Lustre. Once dry it needed more texture so I added some DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze for some shiny bits and texture. I dripped, dabbed and spattered various colors over the surface and cracks.

Hope you like my Man Over Time canvas, it was lots of fun to just play!

~kim





2 comments:

  1. Kim this is amazing, I love all of your details and great colour choices xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, Kim! I love the background and all its layers and texture. FABuloussss!! Thank you for using my "nekkid guy" stamp on your super cool creation!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!