Saturday, February 28, 2015

Tim Tag~February 2015~12 Tags of 2015

Hi!

Today I just wanted to share the tag I made for Tim's 12 Tags of 2015.
This was a lot of fun to make and I did some improvising along the way, making what I have on-hand, work for the project. The is actually the most fun part sometimes :)

You can see all the lovely entries and the challenge HERE at Tim's blog.

And this is my entry. I hope you like it!

Please click the images to see it a bit bigger:)


To make the collage base, I made up my own ephemera using a couple of 12x12 sheet of Tim Holtz paper. I picked images that I liked, clocks, kitty, the bingo cards are fun not sure why I love them but I do :)

I used matte medium to adhere the pieces to the tag and a thin coat over the top to lock it down. I really like how it dried so soft and non-tacky.


I used Picket Fence Distress Paint along the edges and across some parts to lighten it up, parts seemed a bit dark. Once dry, I added another layer of matte medium. Once this layer dried, I darkened the edges, love how it brought in more depth!

I cut the heart from felt using a Sizzix mini heart movers die. I attached it using the Idea-ology long fastener. The crinkly ribbon I colored with Distress Ink Tea Dye one of my new favorite colors.


I cut the flower using a Holtz Tattered Floral die from metal tape. I embossed it with the chicken wire folder. It is painted with Black Soot Distress Paint.  I used some Holtz Rub-ons for the arrows and "choose joy". I love polka dots so I had to include them somehow. This dotted ribbon is actually seem binding.

I am really happy with this tag, I love how it came togther.

Anxious to hear what you think, too!

Have a super day!

~hugs~
~kim

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful take on Tim's tag Kim, love your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Love that flower!! I would never have guessed that you made it!! The gears and heart were the perfect touch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this Kim! Amazing take on Tim's tag! I love the contrast of the soft plush heart in the middle of the cold metallic flower! Awesome! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes please! That metallic flower is awesome. I think I need to try that technique. This is a fabulous take in TH tag and I like it better than the original. Sweet! Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!