Sunday, June 15, 2014

Journal Paint Play~June 15

Yay! Another fast posting!

Banner images courtesy my son, Dylan<3


A simple page in my homemade art journal, playing with paint, stamping and texture.


I prepared the page with a layer of gesso. While it was still wet, I pressed some dry embossed paper strips into the gesso to leave some fun dents. This part was actually done awhile ago, I prepped some pages to be ready when I felt like (more like had time to) playing.



I am still exploring stamping on tissue, then tearing the tissue stamped images apart before layering them onto the pages. To attach the tissue to the page I used water diluted gel medium. I stamped the black images with archival ink. The pink celery roses and blue circle stamps used distress paint.



This corner I used the distress paint marbling technique. I really love the layers of texture this added along with the more opaque quality. I am going to get more painty with this particular process, it is soooo fun:)




More detail of the celery roses and blue circle stamps stamped with distress paint.



This corner is used the stamped tissue that was colored with Dylusions ink sprays. They have a much more transparent quality. 



Thank you for looking! This is also linked to Simon Says Stamp, Monday Challenge: Paint

6 comments:

  1. Lovely pages, love your use of imagery and the fantastic sentiment . Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pages! i love what you did with all the stamping! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pages. Love the beautiful background colors and patterns. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.