Monday, June 1, 2015

Summer Fun~ Mixed Media Mojo New Challenge~ Theme Summer Twist Monochrome

Happy Monday and Happy June 1st!

This sunny hot Monday morning (in my teeny part of the world) bring the start of a new challenge at Mixed Media Mojo. Our theme this month is Summer with the optional twist, Monochromatic! You have all month to link up your creation and have a fun play!



Here is my small canvas, please click each photo to make it a bit larger :)

This is happy Summer moments. Moments that pass by quickly but stay with you for a lifetime. Be it playing on the beach, flying a kite or blowing bubbles :)

This canvas is 5 inches by 7 inches. I had a play with the supplies I was provided with by the DecoArts Blogger Outreach program. I love the paints, Misters, stencils and lots of mixed media wonderfulness! I always use these willingly, they are a joy to create with!


 I used some Andy Skinner stencils, Children and Serendipity, with modeling paste. The background colors I used the Misters in orange and white. I love these since they dry permanent.


While the Misters were wet I sprayed with some more water. Then added some of the white Mister. While it puddled and moved, I used a chopstick to swirl it. I love the way it dried! I adore the canvas texture. I added School Bus Yellow to the modeling paste for the kite.


The bottom, "Beach" I masked the top half and sprayed the letters with the Mister orange and Some Dylusions Yellow. The Dylusions is water reactive even when dry, so it tends to soak into anything as I learned. I used the texture sand paste for the breaking waves.


Happy June! Thanks for coming by and hope to see you soon at Mixed Media Mojo~

hugs,
~kim

7 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous Kim!! I love these colours you used, I can almost feel the sun on my face!! Love how you did the kite, what a great summer scene! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful canvas Kim, the colours are stunning. How very talented you are :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers! I don't usually like orange but your use of this color and the texture paste makes me likey! Wonderful stencil work as well! Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful canvas Kim, beautiful colour and your white swirls look just like summer clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim! Great job with the DecoArt products! Your canvas is so pretty. Love the sunny colors of your background and Andy's stenciled children in the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love the beach!! So you had me at the word but quickly followed by that lovely color scheme!! All of this is fabulousness! hugsxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.