Sunday, January 1, 2017

Welcome 2017! New Challenge & Canvas for Dream in Darkness

HelloHello!

Welcome 2017!

Today we started a new challenge for the new month and new year on my Challenge Blog, Dream in Darkness! Yay! This month and next we have the awesome Seth Apter as our sponsor. Seth was very kind and provided some stuff for the team to play with and a prize to award the Challenge Winner as as well. If you are not familiar with his art, I encourage you to check out his blog, The Altered Page, like ASAP :)

I made a canvas for my project today. It is roughly 7"x 7". I found it at the dollar store. I used lots of my painty staples by DecoArt, Grumbacher and one of my favorite Tim Holtz stamps.

Rain makes me happy as do circles, so this is really from my heart to yours <3 

Ready for lots more closer photos? Here we go! You can click each one to see a bit bigger!


I used DecoArt modeling paste to stencil Truths over the background texture. It is a wonderful heavy paste that gets the job done very well!


Once dry I painted Perfect Pearls over the paste to bring in shine.


Raindrops made of hot glue trails work so well next to the Drip Drop die set.  I used the die to cut the black paper cut behind Umbrella Man. I used the space vacated by the die cut as a stencil to repeat the pattern in paint on the background. I direct stamped the Word Salad stamp on the canvas and on the die cut too.


I heat embossed in white to add more pop and even more texture!


To make Reveal, I stamped through the stencil with the Word Salad stamp. Then I cut out the letters.



Stencil Girl Club Seth Apter stencil


Seth dies & stamp

Thanks for reading this far! Have an amazing 2017!
hugs,
~kim

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Kim, you can tell that you don't live in the UK, - maybe rain wouldn't make you as happy lol. Have a wonderful 2017 xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.