Friday, October 10, 2014

October 10~ 31 Days of Halloween Challenge Day 10~Friday Smeared Ink Day

TGIF!!!!

It is Friday October 10, the Tenth day of the 31 Days of Halloween Challenge and it is Smeared Ink Day! For all the Challenge details and the daily clue to the daily Scavenger Hunt, please visit our wickedly busy Terra, HERE.  There, you can visit our lovely sponsors who put up the fabulous giveaways, THANK YOU!

As always the Wicked Blogger Roll is right there with Mr. Neon Skele:) on the sidebar.

Onwards!


A tower of grumpies for your viewing pleasure today! I love the grumpies and the digi can be found HERE in the Smeared Ink Shop. C'mon you knowwww you want them:)


I am a really new colorer, so be kind:) I want to learn more and play more :)  My first coloring project is Here if you are curious:)
I did some re-sizing and flips (in my computer ofc) of these cuties. I printed them onto my on-hand stash Strathmore Mixed Media Heavy 90lb paper. I colored them using Sharpies and Bic Marks It pens. I also have a Prismacolor Colorless Blender pen.


I love my background almost as much as I love the grumpies. Please click to see it bigger:)
I colored the manila tag using Dylusion Spray Inks. The whole spraying, wetting, blotting till it was blotchy enough. Then I sprayed some more water on it and sprinkled rock salt on it. Let sit till dry. It makes the really cool spots you can see in the background in the colors.

I used a stencil and applied embossing fluid, the Ranger dabber one, onto the tag through the stencil. Then I sprinkled clear UTEE and melted it with my trusty heat gun. UTEE= Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. It is thick and lovely. I made the raised puddles this way. 

That step gave me yummy raised bumps. Now I took my Distress Ink Embossing Pad and ran it over the raised surface. Then I sprinkled on some Verdigris EP. Melted. Inked again and this time used Distress Embossing Powder in Tea Dye, a yummy rusty brown color.

That's pretty much it, sorry for being so wordy today! If you have any questions, just ask:)

Thanks for all your lovely visits and kind comments!~hugs~

~kim


13 comments:

  1. Yummy tag! This is awesome! I love the background, thanks for the step-by-step! And the tower of grumpies is so cute! Love the colour!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAbulous tag! the background is indeed amazing and your techniques ROCK! So does your coloring of the adorable Grumpies, BTW. Love this! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tag and your coloring is wonderful! I am a beginning colorer (a word? computer says no:) ) and I wish I was at your level! The embossing and background are divine!! Loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I dunno if colorer is a word either but sounded fun:)

      Delete
  4. This is a wonderful tag! Love that background, and thanks for the explanation as to how you accomplished it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring has nothing to be ashamed of. If this is you as a beginner, you are off to amazing results with practice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can I be afraid of something so cute. The coloring looks great to me. I see nothing wrong with it *U*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spooktacular tag, love me a lil grumpie so how can anyone resist and tower of them LOL! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous background and I do love those grumpies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this tag. It is so different from top to bottom yet it all fits perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely background and those Grumpies are so mush fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That texture it's yummy! Wonderful project and I love the stack of grumpies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grumpies come in towers!!! Oh I have to start an obsession (collection) of these cuties lol Love the background, it's got lovely swampy texture :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.