Sunday, October 19, 2014

October 19~ 31 Days of Halloween Wicked Blogger Challenge Day 19

Hi Happy Sunday!



Welcome to Day 19 of 31 Days of Halloween! The Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween Challenge is to create a daily project using a stamp, rubber or digi, and run from there. Remember to pop over HERE to Terra's blog to see the daily Scavenger Hunt prizes donated by our awesome sponsors and find the daily clue. You can also see all the rules there, too. For your reference I have the Wicked Blogger Hop list on the ride sidebar:)

Wow time is flying, doesn't it seem like we just started this journey? Where have the days gone??

Today is a bit different well maybe not I dunno. I chose to incorporate my love of photography with the stamping into a collage. I really want to work at meshing the shiny photo with the textures around it.

Please let me know what you think, I really do appreciate all your feedback!  
I have my piece, "Watchers" for you today.

As always, click to see better, bigger:)






Okay, the substrate is my texture of choice right now, I love cardboard:)  The right side is deli paper, the kind they wrap sandwiches in, that I painted with Distress Paints, then crumpled, then inked with Distress Inks. Then stamped on it with Ranger Archival. 



The left side under the photo is another piece of paper printed and distress in pretty much the same manner.



The photograph. The dark underneath and against a tree trunk with the yellow flowers is my own image I photographed myself.  The orange leaf shadows is also my own image, just cropped down. Using Photoshop Elements, I added some free public domain images, the gorgeous raven and the wicked green cat eyes. I found them at PublicDomainPictures. I did some layering and masking quickly to make the collage since it was late in the day, time really ran away from me!

The stamps are Inkadinkado Nevermore and Hampton Arts. The black around the edges I used a watersoluble graphite pencil, Sketch & Wash by General's, I love it and it is made in the USA. It was $3.49 at Michaels in a 2-pack with a sharpener.

I think I have taken enough of your time! Thanks for reading this far down!

Hop on! and I love all of your comments!

~hugs~

~kim

12 comments:

  1. Amazing piece of art, How awesome that you take things that would normally be thrown away and turn them into beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have jumped into Photo Shop and learning also. Your piece is brilliant with the different textures and inking and stamps...I could go on and on! You did an excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome piece of art.
    I would love for you to do a tutorial showing it being put together layer by layer.
    Great texture and atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. This is a beautifully done piece. Love all the images and elements you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous hybrid piece! Your photo collage is haunting and the amazing textures on the background blow me away. Love the stamps you chose too. GORGEOUS! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Kim! Beautiful colour and texture! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo what fun you had! Love all the details and the mixed media elements! Wicked cool and eerie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh there is so much going on here. I love it. the more crowded the better

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this works beautifully! I love how you have combined photography with stamping, and I'd love to see you do more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! All the textures and colors are amazing, how that your own photograph is part of the creation.

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.