Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October 1~New Mixed Media Mojo Challenge AND 31 Days of Halloween!

Welcome to October First!

I love October, so much fun! Today brings two new Challenges I have to share!

October 1st brings a new Challenge for Mixed Media Mojo the theme is Halloween/Fall with the twist to use some Fabric in your wonderful projects to be!


You have all of October to play along and show us your Mojo! Will you be our next Mojo Diva? Join us it is fun, 31 Days Hoppers, join up, too :) There will be some extra fun for World Card Day on Saturday October 4, 2014 so I hope you can check back too!


October First also launches the Smeared and Smudged 2014, 31 Days of Halloween Challenge. I am participating as a Wicked Blogger, my goal: a new Halloween or Day of the Dead project for each day this month! There are ways for our beloved Hoppers to win some cool stuff too and a scavenger hunt! See Terra's blog for more info! Her blog is the top linky under Mr. Neon Skele.

If you are following along on the 31 Days Hop, follow the Hop Log right over there on the right under the Neon Skele! Love him!


Onwards, this is my Mixed Media Mojo DT Inspiration piece and my first entry for 31 Days of Halloween {31 DOH }


This is a tag that I cut into 3 sections to make a small card to kick off my favorite season and all its fun, Halloween! This was inspired by a project by Paula Cheney HERE such an awesome artist!





I coated both sides of the manila tag with gesso and let it dry. Then added Black Soot Distress Ink on top. To seal that in I rubbed on some gel medium with a wet wipe in a process I learned from Paula HERE This helps to smooth out the strokes and make it really aged and gorgeous!





Then I stamped the diamonds with my Tim Holtz Harlequin stencil using Distress Ink and clear embossed it. Kinda smudgey not too gruesome....
I used a gauze bandage for the wispy curtain blowing too close to a candle, don't place them so close in real life >.<










Don't forget 31 Days Hoppers, the Blog Roll is back up at the top of this page:)

Have a Spooky day!

~kim


21 comments:

  1. Wowsers this is awesome. I love the curtain near the flame - it realy looks like it's blowing in the wind. A fantastic card with so much detail and inspiration to try using different mediums on my own projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many new ideas on this page. I love the soot and the aging process and all the different mediums! Great job and start for this fun month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool way to use a tag and love your background treatments and fab stamps. I agree. Lots of fun new ideas here. gotta try some. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful wonderful cards. How fun and so appreciate the links on how to. Amazing turnout. Very creative w/ the candle and blowing curtains. Fab stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! Some new techniques I'm not familiar with - thanks for the inspiration! I love your stamping and great idea to use the tag as a card! love it!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your projects, you have inspired me to try your techniques really smudgy and aged.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh it folds, I am so impressed. I love all of the small details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a new approach to tags for me. Wonderful idea and presentation

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your smudgy diamonds and the way that you incorporated the gauze into the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the technique details! Love your creations - look forard to seeing your next 30!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tag/card you created! It's just perfect to kick off the 31 days of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow a fabulous idea. Spooktacular...

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an awesome project! I will be rereading this and taking alot of notes because there are so many interesting aspects to this! Awesome job! Amazing way to start the month can't wait to see what is to come!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wicked cool tag card! Love all the textures you created! Happy October!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great project, Loving the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the cool stuff you used on the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wickedly cool calendar. love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing altered tag, I love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The background work is so detailed and not overwhelming. I have to try some of these techniques! Awesome job! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.