Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20~ 31 Days of Halloween Wicked Blogger Challenge Day 20~APCC Week 7 Lost Souls Madness

Monday!

Day 20 of 31 for the ongoing 31 Days of Halloween Challenge! Love it!!!

Wow this is winding down or revving up? What do you think??

Please visit Terra's blog for the details of the challenge and the daily Scavenger Hunt clue for this fabulous Smeared and Smudged event. WE have some awesome sponsors and you can see them at Terra's blog.

This is also my altered playing card for week 7 in Claudine's 26 week ongoing play along for altering an entire deck of playing cards. You can see this week's inspiration HERE and to join us go to this PAGE.

I made a pair of cards today. I added some creep I think or maybe it is just haunting, not really gruesome. The inspiration prompt was a nautical theme. My stash is small and very non-nautical, mostly grungy, darkness. 



Really straightforward this time. The standard sized playing cards were covered in gesso awhile ago. The Madness card has some tape embedded to add texture.


I masked the plain gesso before inking with Distress Inks. Also did some stamping. Then I removed the tape mask and stamped the angsty lady and skull.


This one is fun. Take a piece of plastic, shrink plastic, plastic from a package, any thin one will do. I have a stash of the thin sheet that come with the cling stamps so that is what I used. Emboss it using a folder. Claudine used a bubble folder which is awesome for the underwater theme. I used the Tim Holtz bubble wrap one. I love the shadows you can see on the card from the embossed layer. The line above the card is a shadow, I cut the plastic flush to the card.

I stamped the lady 3 times only inking once. 

Thanks so for all your awesome time and comments!
~hugs~
~kim


I am also linking to Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge:Anything Goes

14 comments:

  1. Kim, both of your cards are so awesome! The madness card is so textured looking and colorful! The underwater one, I swear I thought that was inked bubbles at the top! And stamping the lady 3 times like that...pure genius my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool masking on the first and I love the embossed acetate on the second and fab way you stamped the lady and fussy cut. Amazing cards! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two wicked cool altered playing cards Kim, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous altered playing card. Love the collage effect and the use of the bubble wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim...love both your creations! Thanks for detailed instructions too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great set of cards! Love that "angsty" lady--that's how I feel a lot of the time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think haunting is the right term.
    An eerie feeling of spookiness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. madness is absolutely beautiful. The piece of art that is. The layout and images you included are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the altered playing cards. Both are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your altered playing cards. Now I need to start saving that thin plastic, how cool the embossing looks on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous work!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both very cool, love them!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.