Tuesday, October 21, 2014

October 21~ 31 Days of Halloween Wicked Blogger Challenge Day 21~Beware ATC

Tuesday! ....already!

Day 21 of 31 for the ongoing 31 Days of Halloween Challenge! Love it!!!

Please visit Terra's blog for the details of the challenge and the daily Scavenger Hunt clue for this fabulous Smeared and Smudged event. We have some awesome sponsors and you can see them at Terra's blog.

My brain is mushy today, so I opted for simple color and stamping. I had no brain stamp to make a mushy one, so I just went with a Haunted House and my trusty Distress Inks to make an ATC.



I don't know if I did the inking in the right order or not....I stamped all the images. Then decided I wanted a cobweb too. It kinda obliterated the Beware sentiment.  I stamped using Ranger Jet Black archival.

Then I applied the Distress Inks. I did the yellow first to make the interior glow and carried it up into the web. Then I used Wild Honey, my go to and only orange Distress Ink. Inked that corner downwards a bit. Then I inked the dark blue around the edges as you see. I use the round spongy dauber, spongy like my brain.

Then I decided it needed a black edge.....I dropped the inked dauber onto the blue corner. Thank goodness it was not on the orange:( Soooooooo I had a lot of black there. I kinda smooshed it inwards then took my wet washrag that I wipe down my craft mat with, and dabbed that corner. Kinda sorta maybe mhmmmsureeeee looks sorta ok.


Sorry for the ramble.
Hop on!

~kim




10 comments:

  1. I think the inking looks great and so does the sentiment over the web. Really love the image, too. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ATC. I see nothing wrong with it. We are often too critical of ourselves at times. Sometimes the accidents we make turn into good things. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ATC - love all the elemants!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things can happen but they don't have to mess up your end result.
    It hs a delightfully freary feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you darkened the one corner of the card. It really ties in with the rest of the card perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  6. If this is your brain on mush then I want to mush mine!lol This is fabulously inked!! Glowing lights in the house and totally awesome blue/black darkness.......EEK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it--fabulously atmospheric! If you hadn't said anything, I would have thought that dark corner was totally on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab ATC, love the background and images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great! Love the glow.

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.