Thursday, May 8, 2014

CC3 Challenge #1~Enjoy the Journey~Mixed Media




Hello:) I hope this day finds you well and enjoying the moment!

As this blog is a first for me, so is this entry into another challenge. Below is my very FIRST, (so scary!)
mixed media project ever for me! I love taking pictures and recently began playing around and trying to enhance the images I capture, as you might see from my other photos below. I have always wanted to do more than the image alone. I want to push and see what else I can create using my images as part of something else, creatively.

Along the way at the wonderful craft shops I discovered the massive creative line of Tim Holtz. I LOVE the Steampunk nature and feel to the goods! So exciting!! Thus far I have only gathered a few things for my creative stash. Googling I discovered all these wonderful blogs and was so inspired~ my bookmarks are jammed with so much good stuff!

Along came Linda Ledbetter's Studio L3 Blog with the Compendium of Curiosities Vol 3 Challenge, CC3C! She assembled a wonderful creative crew and together they are putting on this CC3 Challenge. They are all SO talented and I feel so small. See the amazing creative Crew here. All the details of the CC3C week 1 are here.

To make it even more GIANT, there are prizes generously donated by Tim Holtz & his Business Manager Mario Rossi. That in and of itself is soooooo amazing and generous BUT there's more! Inspiration Emporium is sponsoring the odd numbered challenges with a $50 gift certificate. The Funky Junkie Boutique is sponsoring the even numbered challenges!

Enough words, thank you SO much if you read all that!




This is my piece for the Compendium of Curiosities Vol 3 Challenge, page 43~ Distress Paint Marbling. The image is clickable for a larger peak:)



My image of a pretty dandelion flower, layered and image transferred by gel medium to cardstock, then layered on the marbled paper below. Lots of open room to grow as I intend to "Enjoy the Journey" and not be too stressed!!

More FUN challenges! Linked to:

Simon Says Stamp: Monday Challenge. The Theme "5". Five simple elements to the design:) ...first stamp effort, too! The Tim Holtz stamps are wonderful!!

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. The Theme "Flowers". Yay! I love my dandelion:)



My art center as it is now below with the paints I used. Click the image for a bigger peak:)


Thanks so much for your time! Your comments are most welcome. Be good to yourself and enjoy the day!



11 comments:

  1. Great piece! I would say your first blog entry is a winner too! Congratulations! Love the use of mixed media in this oiece! thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for making time to stop by:) It is going to be a fun adventure! Thanks again for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. Hi there! Your marbled piece looks great!! I really like your pretty dandelion and your faded looking picture wheel. Very neat design. I also wanted to thank you for joining us a CC3C and stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and for returning the visit:) Simple dandelions bring smiles:) The marbling is fun! Thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot!

      Delete
  3. Great soft pink painty goodness! The picture wheel really pops! Thank you so much for playing along with us for the first challenge at CC3 Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty mix of fragile flower and torn paper. Very cool, love the way you used the picture wheel, too. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This piece is so stunning that I just sat and stared at it for a while! I adore that you included such a gorgeous photo, which adds a beautiful bit of energy and life to the piece. I also like how much texture you included with the background and I thought it was genius to include the photo wheel like you did. I felt very inspired by your piece, so thank you so much for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this mixed media piece. Great elements and textures. Thank you so much for playing along with the Spring Flowers Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new blog! Such a gorgeous first piece. Love the great photo and the picture wheel is a perfect touch. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you didn't win, you should have. This is great. Enjoyed my visit to your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.