Wednesday, September 24, 2014

September 24~Mixed Media Mojo Challenge~Fall using Texture Paste~DT Project

Happy Wednesday, First Wednesday of Fall!

The weather is just starting to feel like it is changing, the nights are finally chilly here, yay!

Today I have a post for my Fall DT project at Mixed Media Mojo. There is still plenty of time to play along, too! The September theme is Fall and the twist is add paste, join us and see the fun HERE




I made this canvas starting with a flat 5x7 board. I added my homemade texture paste to add the bumps and ripples. I pressed some pieces of drywall tape into the wet paste to add more texture.




As with many of my projects, I have a theme or prompt to work with but never quite sure what direction I am going to go in! I knew I wanted the Fall colors and the Distress Ink color Wild Honey is tops on my list right now so it is featured brightly.




I like to emboss my stamped images, really helps for coloring! I used Distress Inks and Paints for the colors. The green dots, I used the Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil also tops of my favorites at this moment. I colored my texture paste with Distress Paint Forest Moss, just to celebrate the last bits of green as colors are changing for Fall.




All of the stamped images are Unity. The pumpkins are from a Unity blog hop random draw contest I won:) Thanks Unity! I love the pumpkins and leaves they have such fun shapes! They are such fun stamps to use! I'm lovin' it!




The sunflower is a digital stamp. I printed it onto cheap dollar store photo paper, then did an image transfer using clear shelf contact paper. I dyed the ribbon using Distress Ink in these colors, Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey and Ripe Persimmon.

Thanks so much for reading! I hope you have a few moments to leave a comment. Comments make my day:)

I am also entering this project into a couple of challenges.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Use Stamps and Stencils

Fall Colors from Inspiration Photo Color 
Basic Sketch Layout & (LOVE) Unity Stamps:)







6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful inspirational piece - stunning

    Hilda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty for Autumn. The detail and texture looks amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mixed media card is gorgeous! All the elements are wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Love all the texture! Stunning work of art!

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.