Thursday, September 11, 2014

Altered Playing Card Challenge~APCC~Play Along! Week 2~SSS Wednesday

Hey There!

Thursday's to-do list is done: I finished my two altered playing cards for Claudine's Play along, week #2. Come play with us in this fun and casual environment! Super easy to do and easy to catch up. You can see all the details HERE . So many inspirational projects, it is a happy place!

This week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday is all about Backgrounds, I think this project is an awesome fit!

For Claudine's Week 2, the basic suggested supplies were Dylusion Spray Inks. If you have not played with them I highly recommend it! They are so bright and fun! They are water reactive, so they are easy to lighten up if you feel they are too dark. Just take care when mixing colors so it doesn't get too muddy.


My two cards for week 2:

Feel free to click for a better bigger picture :)


I covered both cards with white gesso. I was pretty sloppy/casual about it, leaving brush marks and adding swirls. I wanted to start creating texture:)

On top of the gesso I used Dylusions sprays. I sprayed them heavy and let the colors run.

I really liked how the backgrounds came out, the colors are so vibrant. I did not really want to cover them up! I remembered to take a photo of the purple one before I attached the surface pretties.


At first the purple and turquoise were a bit dark, so once it was dry, I spritzed it with water again and dabbed some off. I am happy it revealed more swirls. Once this was dry I applied some dots with Distress Paint using the eraser end of a pencil. The Distress Paint also reacts with the sprays and you can get some cool effects too.



Next I worked on coloring the stamped and embossed images. This is the first time I used markers to color stamps. I just used the Sharpies and Bics I already had on hand. I also used a colorless blender pen to pull off some of the marker ink. I colored inside the gears with a waterbrush using some more Distress Paint.


On Be Fearless I played with some white lines using a white jellyroll pen. It kinda blends on the Dylusions, too. Nice surprises along the way:) I stamped and embossed the la la la not sure if you can see it. I stamped it with white pigment ink and embossed with clear. 




Time does fly and this Challenge, Play along is super fun! I really hope you have a moment to leave a comment and then hop over and join up to play. You can find the details HERE



Have a lovely day!
~kim

6 comments:

  1. your cards are just beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Colors you used in your designs. It's a very cool style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a cool and colorful background that you created! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Create Your Own Background Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.