Sunday, April 3, 2016

STAMPlorations Stencil Sunday~New Mixed Media Challenge

Happy Sunday!

New month and new challenges to play along with as Spring gets going!

This is my second post for you today, hope you like it! Please scroll down to see my Visible Image stamp play today, too :)

I made a 5 by 7 wood canvas today using a new stencil from ARTplorations called Merry Go Round and I love it!! I am pretty sure you will see many many more projects form me using it. Hope you like it too, check it out HERE!


Here is my wood canvas, click to see the photos a bit bigger :)


I finger painted globbed smooshed and pushed the background in 
Americana Cotton Ball White & Chartreuse and a splash of Distress Paint Picked Raspberry.



I swirled some puddles with the no brush end of the paintbrush. 
Flicked white all over. literally all over everything on my table :)
I love polka dots!


Once dry or sorta of dry, using DecoArt Modeling Paste I added the spinny-wheels, love them!

More drying time...then layered up the wheels with 
Distress Paints, Picked Reaspberry, Mustard Seed and Wild Honey.

The wheels looked lonely so I had to make more dots!


I stamped and fussy/messy cut the sentiment and butterflies. One's stamp collection can never have too many butterflies, known fact! These are a must have set I am sure!

Thanks for reading along, I appreciate it!

Hop on over to see the rest of the Mixed Media Team's makes this month :)
Click HERE for your magical transport across the 'Net!



Hope to see you soon!
~kim


1 comment:

  1. This is just soooooooooooooooooo SWEETLY SPRING Kim. So light and airy and happy and fun. And wow - the texture/layers are super. YUMMY eye candy treat for me today. Thanks bunches!!! XXj.

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.